Thursday, September 14, 2006

LIF

Made to worship
Chris Tomlin

You and I are made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
And you and I will see
How we were meant to be

Before the day
Before the light
Before the world revolved around the sun
God on high
Stepped down into time
And wrote the story of his love for everyone

He has filled our hearts with wonder
So that we always remember
You and I were made to worship
You and I were called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
And you and I will see...
How we were meant to be

All we are
And all we have
Is all a gift from God
That we will see
Throughout our life
We open up our lives
To see the majesty and glory of the king

He has filled our hearts with wonder
So that we always remember
You and I were made to worship
You and I were called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
And you and I will see...
How we were meant to be

We will hear him cry out
We will hear the shout
The sound of his holy name
Then we will sing out
He's worthy of all our praise

You and I were made to worship
You and I were called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
And you and I will see...
How we were meant to be

I like the line that says, "You and I are forgiven and free." We are free, not only from sin but free to live, really live! Free to love Him, free to pursue Him, free to be Christ to the world around us. Wow!
Another line that speaks to me is "all we are and all we have is a gift from God". It is amazing to me that all I have and am....even my shortcomings and failures, are gifts from God, placed in me before time began to show forth the praise of the glory of His grace and because of His incredible grace I have been chosen in Him before the foundations of the world to be holy and without blame, accepted in the beloved. Hallelujah!


Eph 1:3
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.



12 comments:

An Ordinary Christian said...

"Made to Worship" Yes! Lately, actually since the Lord has helped me with my weight problem, and continues to be in that with me, and after reading a psalm that says, "Oh my Strength" and speaks of the Lord as "Strength" and speaks of worshipping the Lord who is my strength, I have a deeper understanding that I was made to worship and I can and do worship God who is more than I could ever be, who is my strength, who is outside of me, and greater than me. (Not outside is a literal way since He lives in me.) Thanks for those prayers you mentioned on your comments to me on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I have noticed on several occasions that you and I are often on the same "wavelength"!

Not trying to be funny or anything here....It's just...neat.

I miss you guys. Please give Your hubby my love.

ampraisingHim said...

Thanks for visiting and posting....if you don't mind, can you try posting your comments again...I noticed that yesterday and early this morning my sites and blogger were really acting up..I'd love to read what you write....I also love this post..thank you, I'll be back to visit more of your site. Have a great day.

Pat said...

I love today's message..my heart is open to receive it.
Those words are so beautiful. It's all about Him and we are created to worship Him. Thanks for a beautiful post.

dille2@cableone.net said...

CT is right on... Great words for a great God. Thanks for the reminder...

Bek said...

i have been reading that SAME verse lately! over and over! EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING in the heavenly realms..........woah!!!! look out! you know, being God's kids, we are just like magnets. we attract blessings and we can't even help it!!! because we've BEEN blessed!

TJ said...

beautiful song and Scripture...thanks so much for sharing your heart!!
(((hugs)))

Mrs. Mac said...

I'm so glad "God on high stepped down in time" ... thanks for sharing a beautiful post.

Amydeanne said...

I love that verse.. adopted.. it means a lot to me these days...
hugs and prayers!
Happy Friday!
btw, loved the quote you used in my blog comment. I think I have to make that into word art!!!
Amydeanne

Heidi Grether said...

you must be praying for me. . . thanks

rena said...

Wonderful post. Powerful and true. Thanks for sharing it. Have you ever read those passages in Ephesians with an "I" or "me" instead of "you" or "them"...WOW..it sure does something in your heart when we come to realize God meant it for each of us, uniquely and individually!
Great stuff as usual. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kimber said...

Loved your post! Great comments here too...and Bek's comment really struck me :) I want to be a "blessing magnet" - to bless others!