Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fun weekend....not

Spent the weekend in Jax. Yes I got to see the Jadabear...yes, we got to play...a little.....mostly I spent my time there helping her mommy move....from one 2nd floor apartment to a 2nd floor apartment in a different complex.
You know what that means...upstairs, downstairs, upstairs, downstairs....
My cute little sporty car was never meant to haul furniture...and neither was I! but haul we did. 6hrs driving down on Friday, 6 hrs back on Sunday nite with lots of heavy lifting in between. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to help. She is in a much nicer place, a much safer place and Jada has her own room again (which makes her very happy) :)
I'm one tough cookie, folks ....my lovely daughter was begging for mercy long before I could consider stopping. However...yesterday and today I might add..I'm tired! Plus I have some brusies and scratches I hadn't noticed before....of course those probably came from my attacking the hedges last weekend in a marathon yard work extravaganza....but I know the scratches on my little car came from this moving weekend. Drat! At least its cool enough in GA this week to wear long sleeves so no one at work thinks I have been beaten up. :)

I did get to have a lovely dinner with my entire Florida family on Sat nite....a seafood feast straight from the Mayport docks....yummm!! Plus a short but sweet visit with my sis and her hubby. (I miss them!), an unexpected, but pleasant run in with a very old friend...and a sleepover with Jada...thank goodness she let me sleep! LOL though I did get to rock her and sing her to sleep....we sing "Jesus loves me, this I know, for my Gigi tells me so" :) Incredibly sweet to hear her sing it like that!

Spent last nite vegetating on the couch watching Prison Break and the President's speech.
Think I'll have more of the same tonight......(insert "House" instead of Prison Break)....
Yep, I'm tired!

19 comments:

Amydeanne said...

hehe, prison break is my favorite show... not sure why.. lol told dh if we have another son we're calling him "Wentworth" hehe.. we like house 2... actually the only 2 shows we watch.
Sounds like quite the trip! Now you've got the rest of the week to recover!

Bek said...

the dinner sounds scrumptious and wwhat a wonderful mommy to help move like that and keep her workin (my mom is the same way, she can keep going and going with a project when i'm done) :)i'm sure your daughter appreciates you!!!

Mrs. Mac said...

What a lot of activity packed into one weekend! But the yummy dinner, rocking-n-singing to Jada, and knowing daughter and little one are in a safer area would make it all worth the effort. Now time to go back to work to rest, eh?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I got tried just reading this post!!! You're a wonderful mom! Glad you got to see Jada even if it was brief!

I'll be chillin' to House tonight too. I have a weekly "date" with my son, it's the only show we watch together.

HLiza said...

You sound exhausted but full of happiness.. that's satisfaction!

Barb said...

Boy, are you going to laugh at me. I'm a fairly new follower of your blog, just a couple of weeks now I think. I thought Jada was your daughter. I completely managed to miss the spot in your profile that say's you're a grandmother. Now I know you're Gigi just like I'm Nana. Boy, was I confused or what.

I can't (and don't want to) count the times I've helped a daughter move. Backbreaking. Takes me a week to recover. So I know just exactly how you felt and maybe still feel. :-) Still, it's awfully nice your daughter is in a nicer (and safer) place and it's really special that Jada has her own room. Every little girl should have her own room if it's possible.

Pat said...

Sounds like quite a work out, but what a sweet reward to rock your granddaughter in your arms! Now it's time to veg out on the couch and if your like me you'll start out watching a favorite program and when you wake up its over!! I hate it when that happens!

BekABoo said...

I can't wait to follow in your footsteps! first we tackle FL, then, moving...

Scott said...

I missed the presidents speech, although I'm hearing the predictable backlash.

I didn't reply on my blog, but congrats to the Jags. They played a tough game. I hope they will do well this season!

Ame said...

you know ... they will never forget ... never ... that makes it so worth it, doesn't it ;)

Tammy said...

Well at least Jada is in a better place and has her own room...how great is that! Here is hoping that God grants you some much needed rest!

Vicki said...

Loved your post. Girl, you ARE one tough cookie! I would have wimped out with my fibro long ago...lol...some days are much better than others. Oh! I love that you sing Jesus loves me this I know, for my "GIGI" tells me so! I'm Lexie's Gigi, and will have to start singing it that way to her.

Blessings, my friend.

TJ said...

Hey Miz Cheryl...just stopping by to thank you for your thoughts and prayers with my recent illness...you are so sweet and kind and such a special friend!!!
(((hugs)))
I am glad to hear you were able to help you daughter to get moved...but, bless your heart I know what you went through...we helped my son move in to a second floor appt this past spring and man oh man!!! the last item moved was the couch, a heavy leather poofy couch...I wish they would design upper appartments a little easier to navigate...once we got it up the stairs we had to turn a sharp corner to get it into the living room...but ahhh the relief when it was all done...get some rest now my friend!!
:-D

Deb said...

My mother has always helped me move. When I was in the hospital after Olivia's birth, my Mom and a few friends went to our 2nd floor apartment and packed everything and moved it into our house. All without me. I don't know if Mom knows what a gift that was!

You are special and I'm sure your daughter appreciates you much more than she is able to express!

And the precious time with Jada rocking her....priceless!!

Kimber said...

What a great mom you are :)

Treasures here on earth and in heaven -that is what you are storing girl!

MSU gal said...

How I love fresh a seafood dinner in Florida. Lucky!

Admin said...

What a blessing for your daughter and your Jada to have such an amazing mom and grandmother!

You get the "watta woman" award! :-)

Gina said...

What a wonderful Mama and Gigi you are. How sweet is that, "for my Gigi tells me so!" One for the memory books for sure. So cute!

Heidi Grether said...

I remember the days as a young adult when my mother could outwork me. Made me very proud of her!