Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lands' End

For all you curios out there...Sears has either purchased Lands End or made some sort of merger with them and consequently you should have been able to buy some Lands End products at Sears for the last couple of years....Now they are opening a few Lands End Shops within a select number of Sears stores around the country....ours is one of them. It is conveniently located in the mall just across the street from my FT, decent paying, benefit providing yet boring job....the pay at this new PT job....well how shall I say it....it sucks...BUT...I do make the hourly plus commission...and YES, I do get a nice discount. I'm only working 15 hours a week...I go right over after my FT job with an hour inbetween to eat...it provides some exercise,(standing up for hours does count) some social interaction, a few extra dollars in my pocket....and a nice discount on some lovely things....:) I probably won't bring home a dime! lol
I have worked 2 jobs off and on for the past 4 years....it does take some getting used to and I was really tired this past weekend, but hey...it has its perks....

I for one am dying to get away to the mountians...they do not, however, look like that picture just yet. That is from last year....Right now I am researching cabins available the last week or two of October....my anniversary and the most gorgeous time of the year just happen to coincide so hopefully we will get up there to see those colors when they do arrive. It won't be exactly shabby around Atlanta either....we are already having some lovely weather though no turning leaves yet. What do you think of this one?

18 comments:

TJ said...

I don't shop Sears much but the last time I did I did notice a few Land's End items...they were out of my budget at the time, and I found something just as nice without the nametag for much less...hehe!!
I'm glad you get a discount and I hope you get to take that vacation in the woods, it looks very nice!
:-D

Tammy said...

I love getaways to the mountains in a cbin...that is the ultimate for me... I hope in heaven that my mansion is a log cabin!! As for the pic you commented on on my blog...it's from the Hocking Hills area...coincidentaly, they have tons of cabin getaways there too....love Hocking Hills area.

Job sounds nice...I worked two jobs before I got married...tough, but the $$ was sure nice. BEst of luck!

Bek said...

oh i love the last two weeks of october beauty and fall cabins.......mmmmmmmmm!!! happy upcoming annniversary and thx for keeping us informed, i did not know this (about lands end)

Admin said...

Those cabins look like the perfect romantic getaway!

Margie said...

how about we all meet at the cabin and have a girl's weekend??

Thinking about working at Target, myself!

Kim said...

Mountain getaways are my favorite! Those look wonderful! We always go to the Ozarks. They look alot like those pics. No mountains here in Texas. Well... not like real mountains. Have a great anniversary!

Barb said...

That cabin is wonderful. My goodness, what a beautiful place to stay. You'll have to take photos of where you do end up staying. If it's anything like this, I can't wait to see them. My eyes are already green but they can get greener!

I love Land's End.

Pat said...

Two job, whew! I admire your energy. I have all I can do to work one! More power to you!
That cabin looks lovely and peaceful..a perfect getaway..we just got back from Gatlinburg Tn and stayed at a beautiful cabin..excellent rates. Where ever you stay, it will be perfect!

dille2@cableone.net said...

Lands End at Sears??? We were excited when Albertson's bought ToysRUs and we could buy milk and toys all in the same place.
The discount will be very nice and you will need some things for that FABulous cabin.
Can't imagine working 2 jobs - let alone 1. It has been 7 years of being home and I really think I am ruined as a potential employee forever. Today is beautiful here - even a little too warm but the leaves are starting to turn and it is so beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful day!...

Mrs. Mac said...

I love cabins in the woods. That's why we're building our home in the woods. My anniversary is 11/8 ... so we too had a autumn wedding/honeymoon. Hope whatever cabin you choose, that you have a nice little bit of R&R.

Anonymous said...

I get tired thinking of working two jobs! I feel like I already do, but I only get paid for one.

How old were your kids when they started doing their own laundry? Did they ever have to go to school in dirty clothes because you refused to do their laundry? and lastly, would you like to adopt a 15 year old boy for a few months???? :)

Heidi Grether said...

I just saw you had read the Mark of the Lion series. Weren't they the best?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been to Ellijay but it has been eons ago...I couldn't tell you why or how I ended up there :)

Gina said...

This says it all...
"Have an anniversary coming up? In desperate need of a romantic getaway?"

Two jobs. I thought I was tired. But yes, Land's End does have some lovelies. Nice things for romantic getaways in the woods!

rena said...

Two jobs! How do you do it?

That pic of the colour changes is so beautiful. A getaway to the mountains is the best prescribed medicine out there. You commented on the mountain that we were just up at (Whistler)...guess that's too far for your getaway huh? LOL
Enjoy your Wed.

Ame said...

i love land's end because i've found a size there that almost always fits! - yes, that merger/buy-out happened a few years ago.

thanks for your comments - you know, there's a season for everything ... now is the season for your dreams!!!

Deb said...

A mountain retreat! My favorite place to be. My dh and I honeymooned in the Shenandoah Mountains of VA and have gone back since. Each year that we've been married (five) we've gone to the mountains somewhere --with the exception of one --we took our daughter to central FL to meet Mickey and Minnie.

I envy you --enjoy your getaway and Happy (early) Anniversary!

Scott said...

I've always liked Sears since I was a kid. They always back up their products without question. I'm glad they've managed to stay alive all these years.

Thank you for your nice words on my blog. I haven't been keeping up my end lately, but I want you to know I appreciate your support. I'm feeling a little bit better now, but as you know, these kinds of problems don't fix themselves.