Friday, February 24, 2006

LIF

I have debated over two different songs this week to use for my Lyrics I Feel post and finally settled on this song by Jeremy Camp. I happen to know that Jeremy has been through a lot in his life including being widowed at a very young age and I have great respect for his father, Steve, and the stand he has taken in his life, although a bit on the legalistic side....None can argue his heart for the Lord or that of Jeremy's which is so evident in his life and songs.

I have paid very little attention to this partiuclar song since it came out a couple of years ago, until these past few weeks and as often happens...it speaks directly to where I am at the moment so I "hear" it for the first time. I would only change one word in the lyrics, were I to be singing it myself....that word is "prepares". I have to trust that all things come to my life through Christ and in so believing, I can handle so much more in my walk with Him.....my only thought is that perhaps the broken road mentioned is His will at that moment, so I can see His face and is not only preparation for the future. I don't like to look at my life in the Lord so much in future tense , which I find many Christians do, but I see it as a journey together with Him in the here and now. Either way, whatever road He guides me down, whatever words He has to say to me, I will Walk by Faith because I am sure He is in control!

Would I believe you when you would say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day

Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Well because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me


Help me to win my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do


Well I'm broken, but I still see Your face
Well You've spoken, pouring Your words of grace

I will walk, I will walk, I will walk by faith
I will, I will, I will walk by faith

12 comments:

Mrs Zeke said...

oh can I post lyrics here to??

I have had a song running through my head for almost 3 years


Your loved

btw I love JC... even though he is almost pop. He is passionate and that makes the deal

Tammy said...

Love Jeremy Camp...of course I think I've told you that before. His new album is great! I love the song "I'll Take You Back"...just really speaks to me. Have a great weekend!

Heidi Grether said...

I like your view about the path being part of His plan.

I was in a church for years that it was always about what God was gonna do, prophecy what about was coming. My soul screamed out WHAT ABOUT TODAY? He is the Great I AM, not I'M GONNA BE.

I got my heart melted today by Lindell Cooley's OPEN UP THE SKY CD. My daughter and I actually were in the choir at Brownsville Revival when that was recorded.

Felt good to have my heart softened and tears flow in yearning for His presence that we experienced for a couple of years.

We need the sun b/c we need the Son. Thankyou for visiting me and leaving your uplifting, honest comments.

SuburbanMom said...

Thank you for commenting on the death penalty - it was very interesting.

Kimber said...

love the line "With one breath You make me new!"


Nice post :) Hope things are going well...thinkin of ya :)

Keep Walking By Faith :)

Bill said...

Cheryl, I'm enjoying reading about your journey. I know I don't comment much about it, but I am reading and love hearing the love and passion this has fired up in you.

I hope your message insipes the same in others.

Doug E. said...

That's a great song.

God Bless,

Doug

Jada's Gigi said...

mrs zeke,
of course you can post lyrics here! I'd love to hear what the Lord is speaking ot your heart. 3 yrs is a long time...perhaps this osng in your head is your anthem. :)
As a matter of fact, that's a great idea. Maybe i'll ask for every one to post lyrics that are speaking to them...

Mrs Zeke said...

Here you go...

There's a place in the darkness I use to cling to It presses harsh hope against time
In the absence of martyrs there's a presence of thieves who only want to rob you blind
They steal away any sense of peace tho I'm a king, I'm a king on my knees
And I know they are wrong when they say I am strong As the darkness covers me

So turn on the light and reveal all the glory I am not afraid
To bear all my weakness, knowing in meekness, I have a kingdom to gain
Where there is peace and Love in the Light in the Light, I am not afraid To let your light shine bright in my life In my life


There are ghosts from my past who have owned more of my soul Than I
thought I had given away
They linger in closets and under my bed And in pictures less proudly dis-played
A great fool in my Life I have been
Have squandered til pallid and thin Hung my head in shame and refused
to take blame From darkness I know I've let win

So turn on the light and reveal all the glory I am not afraid
To bear all my weakness, knowing in meekness, I have a kingdom to gain
Where there is peace and Love in the Light in the Light, I am not afraid To let your light shine bright in my life In my life


Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?

Well I've never been much for the baring of soul in the presence of any man
I'd rather keep to myself all safe and secure in the arms of a sinner I am
Could it be that my words should depend on the crimson stain grace on a hand
Like a lamp on a hill Lord I pray in your Will to reveal all of you that I can

So I turn on the light and reveal all the glory I am not afraid
To bear all my weakness, knowing in meekness, I have a kingdom to gain
Where there is peace and Love in the Light in the Light, I am not afraid To let your light shine bright in my life In my life

There's a place in the darkness I use to cling to
It presses harsh hope against time


Its by Jennifer Knapp called Martyrs & Thieves

I have heard it at least a few hundred times and evrytime I hear it it takes my breath away.

Im a lyric fanatic so be careful what you ask for :)

Your loved

Anonymous said...

He is in control and we should walk by faith. He'll surely guide us in each and every step. we'll never go wrong when we follow Him.

God bless. =)

Jada's Gigi said...

Hattigrace
Thanks for stopping by! Brownsville AOG?!?! Cool, I drove by there one nite when the revial had first begun and thought it must be a concert or something going on...lol I had no idea unitl years later that it was actually the height of the incredible move of God that was happening there at the time Must have been amazing to be a part of it. We were only visiting Pensacola so we never attended.
...oh yeah, I need the sun 'cos I need the Son too! :)

mrs zeke,
Awesome song! Jenifer Knapp...is she still recording? I can imagine how this song must speak to you. and I'm a lyric fanatic too, I'm afraid.
I like the lines,
"Where there is peace and Love in the Light, I am not afraid To let your light shine bright in my life."
I pray He in His mercy, shines His light into the darkest corners of my heart. There in lies freedom. :)

Mrs Zeke said...

Not that I know of and I watch for new music from her pretty close :(



Love now tomorrow is not promised