Friday, February 03, 2006

LIF Day

Like Ray Charles said...."Country music tells stories, people love the stories" and I do, maybe its the "Southern" in me :). There are several titles on this CD by Rascal Flatts that could have spiritual implications, The Broken Road, The Day Before You.... but here is my super favorite from their Feels Like Today release. As I have mentioned before, many songs and types of music speak to me of the Lord and His work in my life. Some, with only a minor tweaking of words, can come to say something very profound when viewed from my "God eyes" or maybe I should say my "God ears". :) I have added the word "Jesus" in the middle of this song which obviously wasn't there in the original...but my spirit heard it anyway...:) Truly I do only want to be "Where He is"!

Where You Are

There you are standing strong, I'm a leaf holdin on
You believe, like a child, in this fire runnin' wild
Oh I love how you see right to the heart of me

You're a waterfall, washing over me
I'm a thirsty man let me drink you in
I am on my way, you're a mountain top
When I reach for you, your love lifts me up
All that I want to be is where you are.

I'm the frozen ground, you're the warm sunlight
Shining down on me, (Jesus) just in time
I have never been in a love like this
Oh, you move my soul every time we kiss (hey Bek, it works! :))
And I love how you heal; I can't believe how alive I feel!

You're a waterfall, washing over me
I'm a thirsty man let me drink you in
I am on my way, you're a mountain top
When I reach for you, your love lifts me up
All that I want to be is where you are

James LeBlanc, Catt Gravitt

2 comments:

Paula said...

My favorite line is the one about the waterfall washing over me. Wow. I want that.

Kimber said...

OOOOO - How funny Paula...I was just about to leave the SAME comment girl!!!

Love the lyrics Cheryl :) Have a great day today and I pray you feel the waterfall of His love.