Thursday, July 20, 2006

Truth

More drama in the house...well...maybe its more internal drama than external...
My sweet youngest is going through very hard times...you all have seen some of her stuff over the past few blogs and there is more, much more that I haven't posted....anyway...I am trying to feel my way along in how to talk to her, share with her, help her...without...you know...being a mom, too much...(how do you stop ??)
Today I am really seeking the Lord...will you also, on my behalf?

I don't ascribe to the point and click method of Bible reading or finding direction from God,... you know the method where you just open the scriptures, close your eyes and point to something, then apply it to your situation....I heard of a man once who did this and read "Judas went out and hanged himself", so he tried again and the verse said "go thou and do likewise"...not really a reliable plan. :)
However...today I had no idea where to go for this situation I am dealing with so I basically did just that...
First, I got out my VERY old bible...it is the one I had in highschool and is literally in rags...
It is also well marked with verses that applied to my life back then, dealing with the things teenagers deal with. I don't know why I got this one out...it was handy??
It fell open first to Jn 18:37 when Jesus, before Pilate said "to this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice".
Next the old book fell open to I Jn. 2:27-28 which says.. "But the anointing which you have received of him abideth in you and you need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, you shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming."

It seems that perhaps, what the Lord wants me to convey to my dear daughter, is wrapped up in these verses....she knows the truth, deep down she cannot deny it...she has known the Truth, she can hear His voice, this I am sure of. I can really only encourage her to hear that voice and to abide...He can speak things to her that I never can...
.....I never take for granted the prayers of the saints, you are my friends, my sisters....Pray for us today, please.
********************************
Is life always a rollercoaster ride?!?!

11 comments:

TJ said...

I haven't been reading you long so I don't know the details...I really don't need to know...I just know that you sound like you are hurting and you requested prayer...so my prayers are with you...may you and your daughter find peace for all that may be troubling you at this time...
what would we do without the worn out Bible's in our lives?
:-)

momteacherfriend said...

I love how the Word is alive and active. God can use it anytime and in anyway.

Lord, I lift up Cheryl to you. Give her wisdom. let her mouth be a speaker of truth. Give her the exact words to say to her daughter. Give her strength in this. Let her not come to her in her flesh but let her come in a spirit of humility and love. Showing kindness and compassion. Lord, be with her daughter. Prepare her heart. Guide her and direct her in the truth. Renew her faith. Remove the veil of darkness in areas that she has failed to see the light. Protect her Lord. Lord I pray she would walk with you. Seek your face and love you.
I thank you that her mother loves her with an unfailing love, one that will not let her go. I pray you do all things for your glory. Work mightily on her behalf. In Jesus name. Amen

SuburbanMom said...

I do think life is a rollercoaster. But it's better than a merry-go-round, don't you think?

Gigi said...

I think so......so hang on to HIM and I will be praying for both of you.....

Gina said...

I'm thinking of you and your daughter Cheryl and praying for you today. Rollercoaster indeed...until we're home.

Anonymous said...

God knew that old Bible would flip to those pages today. I just stopped and prayed for you and your daughter and will continue to throughout the day.

Struggles of life are so hard to go through - but sometimes its even harder to watch someone you dearly love struggle.

I like Katherine's comment about roller coaster vs merry go round!

Pat said...

I'm fairly new to your wonderful blog, so I'm not familiar with details, but God is. Isn't it wonderful that we can offer up what the church used to call "unspoken requests" and God knows what they are and answers our prayers! It's enough to feel burdened to pray for one another, and I thank God for all who are sensitive to your needs. I will be one of those praying for you and your daughter. God Bless!

Tammy said...

Prayer being sent to you and your daughter...may God grant you both peace.

Anonymous said...

It is always a difficult task to watch our children hurt or make decisions where the end result could cause them pain/anger/hurt/frustration...that is why we pray unceasingly for them. Momteacherfriend is a great prayer warrior to have...I bow my head and say Amen.

Ame said...

My counselor was exceptional at not getting between God and me ... between what God was doing in me. It's a fine line ... releasing people to God, especially our children. Yes, my life is a roller coaster ride :) I hear there will be pauses along the way ... looking forward to enjoying them someday!

Dear God, I lift Gigi up to You today. You are so intimately aware of her daughter's life, and You are Sovereign. You are wooing her back unto You ... in ways that are perfectly orchestrated just for her. Enable Gigi to pray and release her daughter to You. Fill her with wisdom and discrenment and discretion and knowledge as to when and if to speak to her daughter so that whatever words come from her mouth are well received by her daughter. Come under the weight pressing down on Gigi's shoulders and lift it from her; set her free. Thank You for her desire to follow You and to seek advice and counsel. May she block out any voice that is not from You. I love You, Ame

Ame said...

I realized I kept calling you Gigi rather than Cheryl! I see you as both ... as you are both!