Monday, April 24, 2006

Praying for Cats!

Sometimes the cats gets outside...he's a house cat, declawed.... should not be outside, ya know?
He's not really mine either...he belongs to Bek...the newly wed....
On Friday nite she and her new hubby flew in from TX to pick up her car, as many gifts as they could stuff into it...and the cat...named McCoy after "Law and Order" :)

But earlier on Friday afternoon, I receive a panicked call from my Mom...she hasn't seen McCoy allll day!
this is not normal...she has searched everywhere...
Could he have gotten OUTSIDE!?!?
surely not...we're VERY careful...we put a doorstop in front of the door when we go out...we close everything behind us...and this is a habit accquired after years of cat ownership...not a new one...in the 5 years we have owned him he has gotten out undetected only once.....No he could not be outside....
Could he?
Oh brother! and Bek was arriving that very evening to pick him up....the timing couldn't be worse! She will be crushed if he is lost....

What is there to do?? I console my mom, who is getting more upset by the minute...if he's inside, he'll appear, I say...if he's outside...well, nothing we can do...she has by now scoured the neighborhood calling him...Bek will be upset but hey, he might show up in a few days....we can pray.....that's about it

I say a quick prayer...
my mother says a lengther one...(like an all day version :))
I get home about 5pm...do a quick walk through calling McCoy....no kitty
I walk outside to the back yard....calling the cat....nothing....
back inside mom goes upstairs to get her purse so we can run an errand.....then, ever so faintly...I hear meowing....

I open the door to the backyard....and WAHLA!! there he is! GA redclay muddying his usually white feet....he saunters in and goes directly to the hearth where its nice and cool to begin his clean up, just as if nothing has happened .... the epitomy of "cool kat".

"Mom.....here he is!" she comes running down the stairs to see and bursts into tears!
The stress has been wearing on her all day.....

"I spent the entire day, praying for a cat!!" my mom wails..... :):):)
************************************************

What a kind Lord we have....who hears our petitions....though they be only mildly important in the grand scale of the universe.....He must love us very much...:)

9 comments:

Kimber said...

so funny and so true...we have a cat - and I am not an animal lover - but I have to admitt - if he was missing - I would spend the whole day praying for his safe return - LOL!!!

Glad McCoy is safe and sound :)

Bar L. said...

I am so glad he is back! I have a cat/prayer story with a happy ending too. God loves all his creatures, from us down to the dogs, cats, sparrows and more.

Radical One said...

yes, His love for us is amazing, even with the small things of our lives. someone once asked me..."since God is ruler and owner of everything, what's big (or little) to Him?" that really made me think....so after all, i guess it's all little stuff to Him, but because it's big to us, it's big to Him.

thanks for your thoughts and prayers!
lisa

Heidi Grether said...

I would like to hear McCoy's side of the story!

Anonymous said...

that was funny but so true. God does hears our prayers. i can just imagine the stress you're mom went through.

Tammy said...

God is good...all the time!

Anonymous said...

That had the potential of becoming a cat-astrophe!
I prayed for my cat when he was sick. I cried like a baby for him. He got better

Debbie

C. H. Green said...

Aren't you glad he hears the quick ones as well as the long ones...I've prayed for cats, dogs, and even TV remotes. Don't laugh. It worked.

Scott said...

I'm happy that your cat made it back in one piece and in the same shape. I've lost quite a few to the roadside, and a few to some unforunate accidents. Pets are such a source of comfort and joy, but also of some hard heartaches.