Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here we go

Story # 1
Rehearsal, the temp is about 86 at 4pm and the ceremony is set for the great outdoors. Not a tree in sight and I fully expect to melt in that lovely green dress with the sequined jacket. Its a pretty spot, it overlooks one of the many small lakes that dot Florida and there is a small bridge and a willow tree in the distance... but no shade anywhere near us.....
We spend about an hour practicing then head out to a very nice restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. It is a very Floridian place right on the beach serving a scrumptious seafood buffet for dinner. Our reserved spot is a wide open "room" on the back near the sea. Lovely! Besides us there are 2 weddings going on, yes, 2. It is very crowded...dozens of people trying to squeeze into those weddings. I'm sooo glad we weren't doing that!
Aren't they cute?!

Hubby and I didn't go the route of buying the kids cookwear or electronics, we got them more personal items and presented them at the rehearsal dinner. For James, a nice belt with a monogramed buckle, he seemed very excited....for Bek, a lovely engraved silver jewelry box with a tiffany style bracelet inside. It has her new initials engraved on it and their wedding date. she was so thrilled and so sweetly excited. I told her she didn't have to wear it in the wedding ...but she did. Love that girl!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

What a lovely looking couple...sounds like an amazing time!

Angela said...

Wow, they are cute...your daughter is gorgeous!!! My mom and step dad got us personal gifts too. My mom bought me Aquamarine studs (to wear as my something blue...they were beautiful). I loved it=) What thoughtful gifts...can't wait to hear more=)

Bar Bar A said...

Your whole family is gorgeous! I love the gift you got her!!!!

Glad your back, waiting for more pics :)

Gordon Cloud said...

Glad to hear that all went well. We wish the bride and groom all the best.

Kimber said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

And see, I knew the bride was gorgeous - she looks a lot like you :)

Love the idea of giving personal gifts too :) AWESOME!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful couple.
I love getting and giving personal gifts because seriously the thought behind it is so cherished

Tracy said...

What beautiful pictures! I loved the personal touch you added to the gifts. What a blessing for them both.

Thanks for the nice comment on Barb's blog!

Gina said...

How fun. Great idea on the personal gifts. Things they can cherish forever. Adorable couple. Looking forward to seeing the wedding pics. !!