Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hooray its SUMMER!


Hey, its the first day of SUMMER!!!! Of course here in GA its been summer for at least a month but we'll celebrate anyway! Forecast for today is sunny and 97 degrees...How's that for a summer kickoff? I'm always up for anything cool and fun during these hot summer months so heres one for you........

This is pretty cool and fun!

YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATH
It takes less than a minute .
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read ahead until you've worked it out!

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1756 .... If you haven't, add 1755.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are .......

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2006) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS...

Hooray for summer!!

10 comments:

Gigi said...

Dang....it worked....that's just weird!

Fun but weird!

TJ said...

We are having first day of Summer thunder and flooding showers here in Ohio ...but hurray...It's Summer!!!
:-D

Bek said...

my dad is a math teacher and he's always giving me strange problems like that...:) happy first day of summer solstice to you too! longest day of the year. its rainy and 70s here.....:)

Radical One said...

weird how that works. i'm impressed!

hope you're doing well!

blessings!
lisa

Ame said...

Well . . . yep! I'm still 41!!!

I love things like that ... cannot imagine having the kind of mind to be able to create one of them, though!

I read your profile ... I'm horrible at managing and planning ... wish you could come plan my summer ... uhhhh ... my daily routine ... uhhhh ... and the list goes on!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it worked! how'd that happen? weird! but it was fun. =)

Danielle said...

This stuff always boggles my mind! Cool!

Summer is HERE!! Praise God!

Scott said...

That was pretty cool Cheryl. I love those math anomalies.

willemina said...

Hello Jada,
Thanks for visiting my blog...I don't really like chocolate (ok, I know that's strange but I really don't) I'm more of a jelly belly and licorice kind of gal :)
I did try this chocolate math and went with the lowest number which was 2...it worked! This is pretty cool and I'm going to share it with everyone I know...as almost all of them love chocolate :)

By the way, I used to live in Columbus, GA (Ft Benning) 1982-1986
I did get used to the heat but not the humidity...
Talk about HOT! It's 103 degrees in Paso Robles, California today where I live...and 30 degrees cooler on the coast which is just 30 minutes away. I think I'll take a drive west for about 30 miles :)

Gina said...

Wow, cool Cheryl. I'm off to get some chocolate...