Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The weekend

Back to work....
Lovely weekend....the wedding was all I told you it would be...beautiful fushia and citrus green colors. the bride carried fushia colored roses, the bridesmaids wore fushia, the accents were not yet colored hydrangeas (those greenish white blooms) and green apples...very pretty. The bride was lovely, the groom cried when she appeared....so sweet. They have been friends in the same church and schools since middle school.
the reception was a plated dinner for about 500, great food, fair band (this was not a musical, dancing crowd I guess. :)) huge cakes, bride's and groom's...we were seated with my husbands mom, aunts, uncles and cousins so the conversation was lively. My 3 yr old nephew was so overstimulated that I thought he was going to blow a gasket. lol He danced and ran around like crazy...very funny to watch and funny to watch his daddy chasing him too. lol
There was a candy bar for favors and fireworks to top it all off. Very snazzy and magazine worthy. I think it will be in Alabama Bride in the fall...the happy couple are in Jamaica for their honeymoon.(they had a 6am flight on Sunday...Yikes! who's idea was that?? :))
Mother's Day was very nice too. We had a big family cookout for all the moms...which is my sisters inlaws and mother inlaw. We visited for hours...Great fun!
I popped over to see my mom and my aunt, who is like a second mom to me, to round out the day...oh yes, my kids all touched base, except for Jeff who is in Europe and he sent his good wishes by e-mail.
Hubby and I had a leisurely drive home yesterday and here we are...back to the routine...

3 comments:

Bek said...

my bro and sis in law planned the same thing 6 am sunday flight to aruba. :) anyways, i actually kinda liked your little rant there....i'm interested in your statement "we've been out of organized religion for years" - in what ways has the Lord led you? just curious i guess...

Bar L. said...

That was a great rant! I know what you mean and agree. I am curious to see how you answer Bek.

The wedding sounds perfect! How cool if it really is in a magazine!

Unknown said...

LOL! I'll get to work on that right away:-)