Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Incredible, lovely girl!


I can't believe it! Today Bekah is 23 yrs old! How did that happen? Only yesterday I was painting the room in our new house where our new baby would sleep. Then she surprised us and came early! 2 weeks early! arriving in time for Thanksgiving in 1982. I so wanted a girl and there she was! She was average sized with trouble falling asleep, a tendency to be colicky at dinner time and very strong willed...somethings don't change :) She is still a nite owl, chatty at dinner and very focused when she gets her mind set on something....I love this girl! She is a strong and beautiful young woman. With college and our moving to GA, I consider myself so blessed to have her physical presence in my house once again if even for a short time. Her wedding in April will send her on her way offically into the big wide world and though I rejoice for her, I mourn for my self and all that has passed never to return again. My little princess, with long flowing blonde hair and toe shoes, sleepovers and barbies, has grown up!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bekaboo!

7 comments:

Kim said...

She is beautiful!

Happy Birthday Bekah!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful young woman...you should be proud of raising such a beautiful girl. Though I'm still raising my little guys, I try to hold on to them each day because the time passes so quickly...I look at my 8 year old and wonder where the time has gone...cherish each moment!

Jada's Gigi said...

Yes, that's her wedding gown...I'll post better pics of it later when we're talking wedding stuff. :)It is gorgeous!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Bekah. You're gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Hey Bek!!!!

Look at you in the goah-gous dress! You are fabulous!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!

amberdusk said...

Awww Cheryl you are one proud mama:) She is so beautiflul and her dress is GORGEOUS! I am glad you get to spend some time with her.

Motherhood is Here said...

awww. So sweet.