I've been in a few church meetings lately and I'm struck by and even amused by what passes for "prophecy" these days...then again it makes me kinda sad that God's people need SO much encouragement to believe Him for even the simplest things. With that thought...here are some really good prophecies for 2008 sent to me via email.
THE TOP TEN PREDICTIONS FOR 2008
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.
and the email I received with these predictions included this pearl of wisdom...perhaps the deepest thing said...
"God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind. Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you. It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick
I hate that brick!!!!" LOL Gotta agree wholeheartedly with that one! :)
PS I realize this post sounds cynical...its not really...